All application infromation can be found at the General Freshman Admittance Website: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/ugprospects/admission/freshman
All applicants must fill out a CUNY application, which must be filed online. Any personal computer or laptop can be used to complete the online application. Applicants who need access to a computer can visit a public library or one of CUNY’s Manhattan Welcome Centers. Before you begin the the online process, the first step you should take is to view the CUNY Worksheet for Freshman Applicants. The next step would be to begin the online filing process by going to the CUNY website.
Supplemental Essay (Optional)
In addition to choosing Hunter College on the CUNY Admission Application, you also have the opportunity to share more about yourself by responding to one of three (3) supplemental essay topics.Learn more here →
To complete the application, you will need to fill out the Hunter College Graduate Application for Admission here: https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=Hunter-G
MFA applicants will also need to upload your portfolio at http://hunter.slideroom.com where you will be provided specific instructions about requirements for all work submitted online.
All transfer applicants are required to submit an official high school transcript with proof of graduation indicated. Transfers are also required to send in transcripts from the university and/or any proprietary school that they have attended. The transcripts must be sent directly to CUNY/UAPC from the high school in a sealed, school-issued envelope.
CUNY college transcript (intra-CUNY transfer applicants only)
If you are currently enrolled at a CUNY college, do not send a paper copy of your transcript. Instead, an electronic version of your official CUNY transcript will be retrieved by CUNY/UAPC after your Admission Application is submitted. In order to retrieve your transcript, your social security number or CUNY ID as indicated on your Admission Application must match the identification number listed on your CUNY college record. If there are stops and/or holds on your CUNY record, please resolve them with the Office of the Registrar at your CUNY college. Once the problem is resolved, we will then be able to electronically retrieve your transcript.
College, University and/or Proprietary School Transcript(s)
If you are currently attending or if you have ever attended a college, university or proprietary school, an official transcript is required for each school attended.
We define an official record as one that details your complete academic history (all years) while in attendance at a college, university or any postsecondary institution. These records must be sent directly to us from the issuing institution and/or examining body in a sealed, school-issued envelope and must include the following:
- Dates of enrollment, courses taken and marks, grades or ratings in each subject.
- Institutional grading scale or other standard(s) of evaluation.
- Recent signature and date by a school official and must include an original institutional seal. Accepted signatures include: the Registrar, Dean, Principal, Controller of Examinations, Ministry of Education, or another appropriate school official/office (varies by country).
We do not accept the following:
- Documents certified by a notary public, translator or commissioner of oaths.
- Photocopies or other duplications of a record such as notarized copies, faxed or scanned documents.
- You must request that your official transcript be sent directly from the college, university, and/or proprietary school to CUNY/UAPC.