For courses in business law and the legal environment of business.
Help readers understand the legal aspect of business by incorporating critical thinking and ethical analysis
The Legal Environment of Business: A Critical Thinking Approach introduces readers to the legal side of business using a clear, well-developed, eight-step critical thinking model. This book uses some of the most significant real-life legal cases to help readers develop their knowledge about the relationship between business and the legal system. Distinguishing itself by emphasizing the critical thinking skills necessary to survive in today’s competitive global business environment, the text also incorporates ethical analysis and considers the impact of values on legal outcomes.
This Eighth Edition has been updated with more current cases, new suggested readings, and new chapters concerning immigration law and the America Invents Act, which significantly impacts patent law. The text further sets itself apart through additional features that connect the law to other disciplines beyond business, introduces a balanced mix of current and classic cases, and presents lists to encourage further reading and exploration of various topics.
I. Introduction to the Law and Legal Environment of Business
1. Critical Thinking and Legal Reasoning
2. Introduction to Law and the Legal Environment of Business
3. The American Legal System
4. Alternative Tools of Dispute Resolution
5. Constitutional Principles
6. White-Collar Crime and the Business Community
7. Ethics, Social Responsibility, and the Business Manager
8. The International Legal Environment of Business
II. Private Law and the Legal Environment of Business
9. The Law of Contracts and Sales I
10. The Law of Contracts and Sales II
11. The Law of Torts
12. Product and Service Liability Law
13. Law of Property: Real and Personal
14. Intellectual Property
15. Agency Law
16. Law and Business Associations I
17. Law and Business Associations II
III. Public Law and the Legal Environment of Business
18. The Law of Administrative Agencies
19. The Employment Relationship and Immigration Laws
20. Laws Governing Labor-Management Relations
21. Employment Discrimination
22. Environmental Law
23. Rules Governing the Issuance and Trading of Securities
24. Antitrust Laws
25. Laws of Debtor-Creditor Relations and Consumer Protection
- Иногда человек в моем положении вынужден лгать людям, которых любит. Сегодня как раз такой день. - В глазах его читалась печаль. - То, что сейчас скажу, я не собирался говорить никому.